Friday 23 January 2009

The Bump!

Today I finally got around to taking a photo of my bump.





While I was at it, I was brave and decided to measure the largest part. So what do you think I would measure at almost 18 weeks; bearing in mind that just 5 months ago I fit into my wedding dress with probably a 26in waist?

Well, your guess is probably nowhere near. My bump measures 38in, yes, that’s not a typo 38ins and I’m not even half way through my pregnancy.

To add to the surprise I took a tape measure to Tony aka Grumps to Babytays (instead of gramps) to compare. Tony, 59 today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONY is measuring at 44ins, only 6ins larger, and achieved over a much longer length of time….

I have a feeling I will be larger than Tony within the next month, and will probably be borrowing his clothes, oh god what a thought!!

Once Babytays arrives I have set Tony a challenge, who can slim down the quickest??

To make things interesting – TONY If you win, you will never have to babysit on a Saturday night, if I win ha ha ha your Saturday nights are looking very cosy at home -with a bambino!

Oh a brighter note, my boobs are growing in proportion to my bump - HAPPY DAYS!!

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I can't believe it's you....
    Who ate all the pies.....hee hee. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be breathing out when the pic was taken, i see you every day and you don't look THAT BIG unless you're hidding it well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good actually... I can't see any stretch marks there either, are you using cream or have you got very stretchy skin?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No stretch marks as yet, but i am known for having stretchy skin! But just in case coconut cream is a recommended and leaves your smelling lovely too :-)

    ReplyDelete